Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 India License.

and these are the few who love me

Saturday 15 October 2011

The Closer look..!!!


THE PARKER PEN.

George Safford Parker, the founder, had previously been a sales agent for the John Holland Gold Pen Company. He received his first fountain pen related patent in 1889.


Parker pens were frequently selected (often as favorite pens of the signers) to sign important documents such as the World War II armistices, and commemorative editions were sometimes offered.



This one is the one that my dad gifted me on clearing my 10th board exams with Distinction..!! A proud moment I re-live everyday when I hold it. 

7 comments:

  1. hey superrnickkk...thnx fr sharing!! didnt kno abt G.S. Parker!!
    n guess wt....evn my dad gave me a parker when I ws in Class VIII...so many memories came rushing on reading this post...cheers :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chikki : hey Chikki.. Thank you so much..!! You are the first one to comment of my blog.. So you deserve a special THANK YOU..!!! :)

    Am glad the pictures made you nostalgic..honestly speaking this pen is something very close to my heart..!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the deep angle u chose to mainatin! Just 1 suggestion...try making the pic all the more darker and make the pen seemingly vanishing into thin air as it gets fuzzy on the farther end. SO its pitch black and a sharp silver line that would exhilarate the viewers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Akila : Haaan... *damn* I was trying that.. but then I felt it just look too fuzzy.. so.. dint do it much..!! will try again :)

    and thanks da..!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. superrnickkk...u don need to thnk me frnd!!
    but if u really want..u can teach me a l'il photography :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chikki : hahahhaahhaaa.. am stiil an amateur.. but I would love to share my experience on how I do it :) :)If you are serious.. check out Akila above.. she is good and can teach you as well :) Also Joshi daniels.. he is good..!! I can send you some links on FB who are REALLY mind blowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey tht wud b grt!! now u HAVE to help me with this :P
    im really impressed with ur work!!
    actually...m a journo but hv always been more interested in my photo-journalist colleague's job. it bugs him no end n he feels threatened of my eagerness to learn...but now he can relax!! 'cz I'v found a new photographer frnd to bug ;))
    cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete